Certificate II in Retail Cosmetics (SHB20116)
Get started in your career in retail cosmetics!
Part Time Course Dates:
- Brisbane: Friday the 10th of March 2017: 9:00AM - 3:30PM
- Gold Coast: Saturday the 11th of March 2017: 9:00AM - 3:30PM
Courses are subject to sufficient student numbers. Insufficient numbers will result in cancellation (10 days prior) and students will be notified by phone and email.
If the dates above are not suitable, you can always register interest and you will be notified of any new dates when they are added.
Love to know what our students think? Check out this great course overview from the student's perspective!
If you love make-up and beauty and would love to work for a cosmetics company or a beauty salon, then the Certificate II in Retail Cosmetics will prepare you to take your first step!
This course is ideal for students with no prior experience in the make-up industry and will prepare you for taking your first steps into working in this exciting industry, either working at a make-up counter in a retail store, as a sales representative for a cosmetics company, or as an assistant in a beauty salon!
During this course you will learn the techniques for applying:
- Photography make-up
- Cosmetic tanning
- Design and apply makeup
- Advise on beauty products and services
- Visual merchandising
On completion of the course students will be prepared to work in the retail environment, able to demonstrate and present make-up product ranges and apply make-up for customers.
This course runs over 20 weeks, on either Fridays or Saturdays, from 9.00am - 3:30pm.
Students in year 11 or 12 may undertake this course as part of the VET in schools program, to contribute towards their senior school certificate.
Qualification & Units of Competency
Course Code: SHB20116
Students who successfully complete the course will receive the nationally recognised Certificate II in Retail Cosmetics (SHB20116) qualification. This course is accredited under the Australian Qualifications Training Framework.
To check our accreditation details click here.
Further Study Options:Units from this course can be credited towards the Certificate III in Beauty Services, Certificate III in Make Up, or Diploma of Beauty Therapy. Alternatively students with a strong interest in make-up artistry may be interested in applying for the Diploma of Screen and Media on completion of the Certificate II qualification.
Upon enrolling in the course, the student (and guarantor/s) becomes liable to the institute for the full course fees.
Certificate II in Retail Cosmetics:
Full Course Cost (Payment Plan): $2,100.00
- Non-Refundable Enrolment Fee: $200.00
- Balance paid in weekly direct debit instalments (with Ezypay) over course duration: $1,900.00
Additional Costs/Required Equipment:
- Makeup Kit - $250.00 - Makeup Kit details
- Blank pants and enclosed black shoes (shirt provided)
- A digital camera is required.
- Printing & photocoping by student.
- Basic stationary
- Students may choose to purchase additional make-up products and accessories to create the desired look for their photoshoot.
- List of resources required and supplied provided at enrolment
To enrol in this course you must download the Enrolment Pack. If you are unable to download or open this file, please phone us on (07) 55 938 335 to have one posted to you.
Next Course Start Dates:
- 10th Mar – 28th Jul 17 – Friday’s (9:00AM) – Brisbane
- 11th Mar – 29th Jul 17 – Saturday’s (9:00AM) – Gold Coast
- 5th May – 22nd Sep 17 – Friday’s (9:00AM) – Gold Coast
- 6th May – 23rd Sep 17 – Saturday’s (9:00AM) – Brisbane
- 4th Aug – 22nd Dec 17 – Friday’s (9:00AM) – Brisbane
- 5th Aug – 23rd Dec 17 – Saturday’s (9:00AM) – Gold Coast
- 6th Oct – 23rd Feb 18 – Friday’s (9:00AM) – Gold Coast
- If none of the start dates above are suitable for this course, you are welcome to register interest and you will receive an email notification when any new dates are scheduled.