Certificate II in Retail Cosmetics (SHB20116)
Get started in your career as a makeup artist!
Part Time Course Dates:
- Brisbane: Friday the 15th of July 2016: 9:00AM - 3:30PM
- Gold Coast: Friday the 15th of July 2016: 9:00AM - 3:30PM (Please note: 26th of August GC Show Hol.)
If the dates above are not suitable, you can always register interest and you will be notified of any new dates when they are added.
If you love make-up and beauty and would love to work for a cosmetics company or get started in a career as a freelance make-up artist, then the Certificate II in Retail Cosmetics will prepare you to take your first step!
This course is ideal for students with no prior experience in the make-up industry and will prepare you for taking your first steps into working in this exciting industry, either working at a make-up counter in a retail store, as a sales representative for a cosmetics company, or starting your own freelance make-up business.
Towards the end of the course, students will complete a photoshoot with a professional photographer of a make-up look of their own design and will receive a print for inclusion in their portfolio.
During this course you will learn the techniques for applying:
- Photography make-up
- Cosmetic tanning
- Design and apply makeup
- Advise on beauty products and services
- Visual merchandising
On completion of the course students will be prepared to work in the retail environment, able to demonstrate and present make-up product ranges and apply make-up for customers. Certificate II in Retail Cosmetics is a stepping stone towards becoming a freelance makeup artist.
This course runs over 16 weeks, on either Fridays or Saturdays, from 9.00am - 3:30pm.
Students in year 11 or 12 may undertake this course as part of the VET in schools program, to contribute towards their senior school certificate.
Qualification & Units of Competency
Course Code: SHB20116
Students who successfully complete the course will receive the nationally recognised Certificate II in Retail Cosmetics (SHB20116) qualification. This course is accredited under the Australian Qualifications Training Framework.
To check our accreditation details click here.
Further Study Options:Units from this course can be credited towards the Certificate III in Beauty Services, or Diploma of Beauty Therapy. Alternatively students with a strong interest in make-up artistry may be interested in applying for the Diploma of Screen and Media on completion of the Certificate II qualification.
Upon enrolling in the course, the student (and guarantor/s) becomes liable to the institute for the full course fees.
Certificate II in Retail Cosmetics:
Full Course Cost (Payment Plan): $1,850.00
- Non-Refundable Enrolment Fee: $200.00
- Balance paid in weekly direct debit instalments (with Ezypay) over course duration: $1,650.00
Additional Costs/Required Equipment:
- Makeup Kit - $250.00 - Makeup Kit details
- A digital camera is required.
- Printing & photocoping by student.
- Basic stationary
- Students may choose to purchase additional make-up products and accessories to create the desired look for their photoshoot.
To enrol in this course you must download the Enrolment Pack. If you are unable to download or open this file, please phone us on (07) 55 938 335 to have one posted to you.
Next Course Start Dates:
- 15th Jul – 28th Oct 16 – Friday’s (9:00AM) – Brisbane
- 15th Jul – 4th Nov 16 – Friday’s (9:00AM) – Gold Coast - Please note: 26th of August GC Show Hol.
- 16th Jul – 29th Oct 16 – Saturday’s (9:00AM) – Brisbane
- 16th Jul – 29th Oct 16 – Saturday’s (9:00AM) – Gold Coast
- If none of the start dates above are suitable for this course, you are welcome to register interest and you will receive an email notification when any new dates are scheduled.